Tuesday 20 April 2010

Partial Planning

Today, I just focused on sketching the basic key poses for my character by focusing on the emphasised words. I want emotion, but I don't want it to be overly aggressive in a scary way; after all, he is still talking to his father. There are several poses where he's pointing because in the dialogue he is casting some blame on the father and I want this to flow through his arm in particular. I didn't make his arm straight as of yet because he's not at the peak of his anger as the climax is much later on.

I broke down the dialogue, focusing on each sentence and what the most important words were. I've only worked on a small section of the beginning since I know I'm already behind in work since I only just chose my dialogue yesterday so I have a lot to catch up to. It doesn't help that my formative is on Thursday so I want to show a variation of things with the small amount of dialogue I've analysed. This is what I've done so far:
You can't tell me WHEN or WHERE I'm out of line

or try to get me to live my life according to YOUR rules
[PAUSE] [HUFFS] You don't even know what I am dad; you don't know WHO I am, you don't know how I FEEL or what I think.

I felt, I had planned the beginning poses as much as I could, so I decided to put this into a storyboard to explain my reasons for the poses as well as the reason for my intentions. I managed to get storyboard templates from the book I borrowed from the library which is wonderful for me since it saves so much time as well as allowing me the space to write what I want concerning poses as well as what dialogue goes with it.





This is all I've done for now, but I'm pleased with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment